Business Planning/ Development
Client: TAO Group, Germany
Brief description: Development of strategic business plans for a new class of aerial vehicle. Liaison with UK government bodies and key UK engineering speciailist organisations.
Client: TAO Technologies UK Ltd
Brief description: Development of programme together with specialist engineering support, leading edge technology development.
Design Workshop for Space and Life Sciences Centre, Edinburgh Bio-quarter
Client: Scottish Enterprise/ Space Innovation Centre (precursor organisation to the Satellite Applications Catapult).
Brief description: Development of requirements from a group of more than 50 (some international) stakeholders, as rapidly and efficiently as possible for a Space and Life Sciences Centre in Edinburgh.
Method of execution: A boundary analysis was carried out with all stakeholders in a workshop environment.
The boundary analysis was used to extract general requirements associated with respective stakeholders, so that they could be developed (with metrics) and used to produce a high level concept followed by detailed requirements. This provided an overall design for the Centre.
Project Timescale: Two months.
UK Spaceport Consultation, Department of Transport
Client: Machrihanish Airbase Community Company, (MACC) Campbeltown, Scotland
Brief description: A high level study of the requirement for a horizontal launch/recovery capability, potential customers/infrastructure in the UK, in relation to MACC to support delivery of the UK Government Space Industry Strategy.
Method of execution: Analysis of the requirement for horizontal launch/recovery capability (principally for space tourism). A brief analysis of the state of the technology, and a wider discussion of the need to integrate vertical launch capability, in order to make the business viable, globally competitive and attractive for investment.
Project Timescale: Five months
List of Contracts include:
- Organisational design of the Space and Life Sciences Centre Inverness. (Client: Highlands and Islands Enterprise)
- Analysis of spaceplane launcher state of the market (Client: Highlands and Islands Enterprise)
- UK Spaceport viability for Campbeltown (Client: MACC, Argyll and Bute Council, Highlands and Islands Enterprise)
- Development of Machirhanish Airbase for spaceport/ spaceport logistics (Client: Discover Space UK, Argyll and Bute Council, Highlands and Islands Enterprise)
- Space Vehicle Factory/Logistics Proposal, Development Support (Client: Discover Space UK)